This position is now CLOSED.
Temporary position (11 months): ESA Educational outreach production administrator (onsite at ESTEC)
For a maternity leave replacement, EJR-Quartz is seeking an outreach production administrator to support the European Space Agency’s Education Department, in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Working for the STEM Education and Outreach Unit of the ESA Education and Knowledge Management Office, and in line with the communication guidelines of ESA, the successful candidate shall be responsible for the coordination and administration of all tasks related to the production and maintenance of educational outreach products and materials, from the Education on-line platforms and social media, to the graphical design and production of ESA’s educational communication and promotional items.
In particular, the applicant shall perform the following tasks:
- In close coordination with the ESA Communication Department, manage the evolution of the ESA Education on-line platforms from the web design point of view, with focus on the functional refurbishment of the ESA Education portal (www.esa.int/Education) based on given requirements; the work shall also include the design and management of an on-line platform for the registration and tracking of educators/students participating in ESA Education projects, as well as the creation of an on-line template for the creation of ESA classroom resources;
update and maintain the Education web portal and associated sites using the ESA customized web content management system eZ Publishing;
- Update and maintain the Education-related social media channels (facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc);
- Liaise with external ESA Education writers for the production of web articles and texts;
- Liaise with the ESA Education external translation service for the translation of written materials;
- Liaise with external providers for the acquisition of web-related licenses, where needed;
contribute to the definition of requirements for license agreements and/or intellectual property registration (e.g trademarks) on visual and web matters;
- Produce graphical layouts and 2D illustrations for ESA Education outreach products (e.g. brochures, posters, etc); when required, liaise with external providers for the material production of such items; this task also includes following up with the design, asking for quotations, following up with delivery within deadlines and checking the quality of the final product;
- Create and maintain the Education-related and ESAkids visual identity branding and manuals for all ESA Education projects and products;
- Incorporate inputs and information related to educational activities of other ESA directorates into the on-line platforms and outreach products;
- Represent the ESA Education Office in the ESA Web Portal weekly editorial meetings.
Specific competence requirements:
- A university background in communication and/or web/visual design.
- Experience with:
- Basic level Web front-end development and design (html5, CSS);
- Managing and publishing websites and social media; knowledge of IPS, eZ Publishing or similar CMS is an asset;
- Graphics design (2D and layout), in particular mastery of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator;
- Proficiency in MS office and desktop publishing software;
- knowledge of the Education and space fields;
- Social media channels
- Good analytical skills,
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another Member State language is an asset,
- Good communication skills, verbal and written; ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of the Education field and/or the space sector will be considered an asset
- Capability to establish and maintain relevant interfaces within and outside the Agency, (e.g. ESA Communication Dept, external providers and so on),
- Autonomy in the execution of tasks and ability to manage his/her workload; ability to identify priorities and actions; ability to cope with pressure, meet deadlines and deliver on time.
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV, working full-time on-site at ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Start date: 1 February 2017. The contract with EJR-Quartz would be for 11 months, with no possibility of renewal. Send your application, together with examples of your work, to: firstname.lastname@example.org ref. ESA/EDU/AZ
Deadline for applications: 31 December 2016. Please note only applications submitted in English will be considered.