APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
EJR-Quartz is seeking a social media editor, to support the European Space Agency’s Earth Observation Directorate, in Frascati, Italy.
ESA’s Earth Observation (EO) Directorate wishes to further promote the Earth observation programmes on social media channels.
The Social Media Editor will contribute to the preparation of a social media plan and will be responsible for implementing this plan with the Earth Observation Communication Programme Officer and in coordination with ESA Corporate Communication teams.
The applicant will be part of a dynamic team of communication experts who engage within online communities. Following a strategy developed with the EO Social Media Coordinator, he/she will conceive ideas, build connection plans and execute initiatives across a range of social media platforms. The Social Media Editor will lead the development and day-to-day management of ESA’s EO communities within social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
The candidate will have an excellent grasp of English, preferably mother tongue, and online marketing, digital and social media experience with excellent written communication skills and a drive for exploring new technologies. A good understanding of ESA activities, particularly within the realm of Earth Observation, is mandatory and applicants should have a thorough understanding of community management and audience engagement. He/she will source, write, and edit content on a daily basis to support the digital strategy. The Social Media Editor will also support the collection of insights through social media analytics tools and compile actionable reports.
The contract will be for 1 year, renewable for a further year.
- Run EO social media channels based on EO content;
- Implement the ESA Earth observation social media strategy;
- Investigate ways for Earth observation to partner, engage, reach out to and with various platforms “how can we find our angle within this platform”;
- Investigate and engage in external support contracts for digital content
- Search for and develop further content from the Earth Observation Directorate and from external scientists as well as search for opportunities for the various platforms to tell Earth observation stories;
- Study, measure, and report on EO social media in line with best practice in order to show return rate for EO social media on a weekly/event basis and communicate and manage these statistics within the communication teams.
- Excellent English (preferably mother tongue)
- 3+ years of experience with using current social media and digital landscape
- Ability to communicate effectively for various audiences from multiple points of view
- Ability to work directly with scientists to gather input and “translate” scientific language for a general public audience
- BA or BSc degree in science communication and a basic interest or grasp of scientific topics or similar
- Should have basic knowledge of video/graphics editing and post-production of graphics and videos in any area is an added benefit
- Visa and work permit to work in Italy
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz srl, as part of our editorial services to the European Space Agency. The position is full time, based on site at ESA/ESRIN in Frascati, Italy.
Start date: 15 January 2017. The initial contract with EJR-Quartz would be for 1 year, with a possibility of renewal. If you think you would fit with our team, tell us why. Send your application, together with examples of social media campaigns you have led, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 12 December 2016. Please note only applications submitted in English will be considered.