***Applications closed*** Do you have the ultimate creative mind to further develop our client’s renowned portal and associated web applications? Are you an expert in web development, programming and implementation? Then we are looking for you!
Working as part of the EJR-Quartz team for the European Space Agency (ESA), you will be based onsite at ESA’s ESRIN facility in Frascati, Italy.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in web development, design, information technology, or software engineering
- A minimum of five years’ professional experience in user design, web design/development, application building, programming and other relevant skills
- An excellent grasp of the English language
- Experience with integrating APIs into web applications
- Knowledge of WordPress theming and customising and experience with different CMS platforms
- Experience of working in compliance with corporate guidelines
- A proactive approach to managing projects and the ability to work with tight deadlines
- Great communication and networking skills
- Extensive knowledge of responsive design and mobile-first applications
- Basic knowledge of pre-processors such as SASS/SCSS
The fine print
You will be working together with the ESA Web and Technology Officer, our EJR-Quartz Technical Expert and a range of external providers to support the further development of ESA’s online communication channels, including the ESA web portal, its associated websites and a suite of web applications.
Your task will include to:
- Integrate front-end components into web pages
- Customise WordPress themes and components
- Integrate APIs into web applications
- Produce in-house UI templates according to specifications provided
- Conduct technical tests on developed or delivered components
- Provide technical assistance for user and administrative support on various content management systems
- Stay up to date with the latest digital trends and tools to proactively meet the needs of the ESA Communication Department
- Create web templates based on previously approved UX and UI
Does this sound like you? Tell us why you think you’re the right fit for this exciting role by sending your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out via social media to @ejrquartz
You’ll find us on X, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The successful candidate will be under contract with EJR-Quartz srl in Italy. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Italy. This contract is full-time and will run for 1 year initially with a strong possibility of renewal.
Starting date: 15 January 2024 or as close as possible
EJR-Quartz is an international company specialised in science communication, particularly related to space. Our multinational team of digital content specialists is spread across five European countries, serving a number of clients, mainly in the aerospace sector.
Like every good company, EJR-Quartz is all about people. We are very proud of our employees and the fact that we have such a diverse team of highly dedicated staff. As an equal opportunity employer our team brings together a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we firmly believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
(Banner: ESA’s ESRIN facility in Frascati, Italy. Credit: ESA)