The ESA Portal is Europe’s most recognised space portal. This news-driven site presents European space to the public in an approachable way. In a virtual newsroom, our EJR-Quartz editors and writers work with graphic artists and ESA content owners, spread across multiple locations in a number of countries. We played an integral role in the creation and running of the ESA Portal since its launch in 2000.
What we do:
- We have developed the content for most of the sites which fall under the ESA Portal umbrella and we continue to maintain these. These include all the ESA Directorate-level sites: Earth Observation, Human Spaceflight, Industry, Launchers, Navigation, Spacecraft Engineering and Technology, Spacecraft Operations, Space Science and Telecommunications.
- We script and produce videos, such as the weekly ‘Earth from Space’ web-TV programme.
- For every launch or similar major event, we provide additional coverage, including a dedicated web ‘special’ and/or blog and social media support.
- We manage the main ESA social media channels, including Twitter, Flickr, Google+, Facebook and YouTube. We also support ESA astronauts with their social media activities.
- We support any other writing and editing needs for ESA’s Communications Department, such as the ESA Bulletin, mission brochures and exhibition material.