***Applications Closed*** Do you have excellent writing skills and a flair for digital storytelling? Are you a native Danish speaker with excellent English? Take this chance to become a part of our international team of communicators supporting the Human and Robotic Exploration (HRE) outreach activities of the European Space Agency!
We’re looking for an experienced and highly motivated social media and digital content editor with an interest in science and space exploration. You will be part of our service team that supports the European Space Agency (ESA) with their Agency-wide communication needs. Your role will be to support the day-to-day writing, editing and social media implementation and execution of the next space-faring mission of Andreas Mogensen and related ESA activities.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Native Danish and mother-tongue standard English
- 2+ years of hands-on experience running social media and creating digital content for an organisation with a significant public presence, preferably in the aerospace or environment field;
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, digital media communications or related field and/or scientific or technical subject
- Strong communication and editing skills with a flair for science storytelling
- Understanding of what it takes to execute social media strategy within the wider framework of a corporate communications strategy
- 1+ year’s experience using video, audio, and other multimedia elements on social media
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, as part of a social media team
- Experience with photo and video editing tools, such as Adobe PhotoShop, Final Cut, or Adobe Premiere, as well as social-only tools for GIFs, etc.
Working within the Human and Robotic Exploration communication team, your tasks will be to:
- Produce and publish social and other content for the Andreas Mogensen mission and related ESA activities
- Participate and actively contribute to mission-related meetings
- Write and review recorded message scripts
- Edit and write in Danish and English and translate between the two languages where needed
- Support other HRE-related content
- Support HRE activities by producing and publishing editorial and social media content
The position is on-site at ESTEC, ESA’s establishment in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. You therefore must have the right to live and work in The Netherlands. You will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz B.V., within our communications service team for ESA. The contract is for the duration of 18 months.
EJR-Quartz is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Closing date: 30 November 2022
Start date: January 2022
Find out more about our company and meet our multinational team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com
Or reach out to us on LinkedIn or social media and let’s talk!