Are you fascinated by space research and experienced in STEM education? Are you able to use your passion for science to create engaging content for science teachers? Then we are looking for you!
We have an immediate opening for an English writer/editor to join our communications team in support of ESA’s Education activities. Specifically, the position is full-time for EJR-Quartz under contract to the European Space Agency (ESA). The location will be on-site at ESA’s Technology Centre (ESTEC) in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
You will be in charge of developing didactic content related to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subjects for secondary school teachers. In close collaboration with ESERO (the European Space Education Resource Office) you will help design and promote new materials and upgrade existing classroom resources and activities.
- Write and edit content in English
- Design and deliver didactic content and activities related to STEM subjects
- Design and produce classroom resources and activities
- Adapt existing teacher training modules
- Contribute to the design of ESA challenges and competitions
- Help promote teacher training sessions
- Support the outreach activities of ESA’s primary and secondary education activities
- Liaise with education partners and the European education community and provide community support
The successful candidate will have:
- Fluent English
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Science
- Knowledge of European school curricula with a focus on science
- Experience in the design and development of didactic content for secondary schools
- Sound knowledge of ESA and the space field
We always appreciate
- Experience in international environments
- Creative thinking and good interpersonal skills
- Capability of working autonomously and able to cope with pressure
- Good communication skills and the ability to establish good working relationships with a community
- Demonstrable experience in presenting scientific and technical subjects in a style accessible for young students
- Knowledge of another European language
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz B.V. This is a one year contract, with a strong possibility of renewal. The optimal start date is 15 September 2023. Candidates must already have a valid residence/work permit for the European Union.
Closing date: 31 August 2023
Salary range: 4400-4900 EUR gross per month, based on full-time position (40 hrs per week)
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com
EJR-Quartz is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.