Do you have excellent social media skills and a passion for digital storytelling? We’d like to hear from you! We’re looking for an experienced social media and digital content specialist for ESA’s Space Transportation channels, as part of our EJR-Quartz communications team for the European Space Agency (ESA).
This post is on site at ESA/ESTEC in RIN in Noordwijk, the Netherlands (part-time), as part of our EJR-Quartz communications team for ESA.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience overseeing social media and creating digital content for an organisation with a significant public presence, preferably in an aerospace field;
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, digital media communications or an aerospace subject
- Strong communication and editing skills (mother-tongue English standard) with a flair for science storytelling
- Understanding of what it takes to implement a social media strategy within the wider framework of a corporate communications strategy
- 2+ years of experience working with social media management tools, running successful campaigns and assessing metrics/analytics
- 1+ year of experience using video, audio and other multimedia elements on social media
- Experience and expertise with photo and video editing tools, such as Adobe PhotoShop, Final Cut, or Adobe Premiere, as well as social-only tools for GIFs, etc.
- Deep familiarity with the major social media platforms and content management platforms
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, as part of a social media team
The fine print
The social media specialist will support the implementation and execution of the social media strategy for ESA’s Space Transportation, including:
- Helping to shape and implement the ESA STS social media strategy
- Run STS social media channels based on STS content
- Source, write and edit content daily to support the digital strategy
- Investigate ways for STS to collaborate with external entities/agencies/partners
- Work as part of the STS communications team, under the responsibility of the STS Communications Officer and liaising closely with the senior editor
- Liaise closely with the ESA-wide social media team to achieve the highest visibility for STS activities on the ‘corporate’ channels
- Report on STS social media in line with best practice in order to show return rate on a weekly/event basis
- Stay abreast of social media developments/new channels and make recommendations on their use
- Propose and support targeted STS social media campaigns
- Engage with the STS social media community and influencers
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV, within our communications service team for ESA, and must have the right to live and work in the Netherlands. This is a half-time position, with an option to combine with a related post. It will normally be a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal.
EJR-Quartz is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Closing date: 9 December 2021
Start date: end January 2022. Find out more about our company and meet our multinational team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or reach out to us on LinkedIn or social media and let’s talk!