Do you have excellent social media skills and a passion for digital storytelling about science? We’d like to hear from you! We’re looking for an experienced social media and digital content specialist for ESA’s Aeolus mission, Earth observation channels, as part of our EJR-Quartz communications team for the European Space Agency (ESA).
This is a part-time role, that can be carried out remotely, with availability for meetings at ESA/ESRIN in Frascati, Italy.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience overseeing social media and creating digital content for a science or technical entity, preferably in an environment field;
- Bachelor’s degree in science journalism, digital media communications or environment-related field
- Strong communication and editing skills (mother-tongue English standard) and flair for science storytelling
- Sufficient background in science to interact with scientists and extract story lines from academic material
- Understanding of what it takes to implement a social media strategy within the wider framework of a corporate communications strategy
- 1+ year of experience working with social media management tools, running successful campaigns and assessing metrics/analytics
- 1+ year of experience using video, audio and other multimedia elements on social media
- Experience and expertise with photo and video editing tools, such as Adobe PhotoShop, Final Cut, or Adobe Premiere, as well as social-only tools for GIFs, etc.
- Deep familiarity with the major social media platforms and content management platforms
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, as part of a social media team
The fine print
The social media specialist will support the implementation and execution of the social media strategy for ESA’s Aeolus and Cryosat missions, within the Earth Observation Programme. Reporting to the Aeolus Mission Manager, the social media specialist is asked to:
- Shape and execute the ESA Aeolus and Cryosat social media strategy
- Curate the Aeolus and Cryosat social media channels, engaging with the science community
- Source, write and edit content daily to support the digital strategy, including multimedia material
- Interact with the mission teams to source content and stories, attending briefings if appropriate
- Write and edit blog posts, articles and other material such as newsletters or presentations
- Liaise closely with the wider the EO communications team, to ensure coherent messaging and achieve the widest visibility
- Propose and support targeted campaigns
- Attend and support key milestone events such as the Aeolus Three-Year conference
- Provide statistical reports and recommendations to fine-tune the social media strategy
- Stay abreast of social media developments and make recommendations for best practice
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz srl, within our communications service team for ESA, and must have the right to live and work in Italy. This is a half-time position, with an option to combine with a related post. It will normally be a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal.
EJR-Quartz is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Closing date: 17 December 2021
Start date: end January 2022. Find out more about our company and meet our multinational team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or reach out to us on LinkedIn or social media and let’s talk!