Do you have excellent social media skills and a passion for digital storytelling? We’d like to hear from you! We’re looking for an experienced and highly motivated social media and digital content editor with an interest in science and aerospace, to help us implement a social media strategy across the European Space Agency (ESA) social media channels, finding new and creative ways to meet Agency-wide communications needs using current and emerging social/digital platforms.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor’s degree in digital media communications or related field and/or scientific or technical subject
- 2+ years of hands-on experience running high-profile social media account(s), in particular on TikTok and/or Instagram, using relevant tools
- Experience using photo and video editing tools from the Adobe Creative Suite
- Mother-tongue level standard of written English
Affinity with space and science communication
A demonstrable flair for social media storytelling in scientific topics
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest social media trends and best practices
- Organising and planning skills, paying attention to detail and able to keep an overview in a busy department
- Understanding of what it takes to execute social media strategy within the wider framework of a corporate communications strategy
- Able to work independently and as part of a close-knit production team, collaborating with a wide range of internal and external interface
We also value:
- A proactive and positive approach with a can-do attitude
- A solution-oriented mindset
- The ability to operate in a friendly, client-focused manner
- Experience working in an international environment with government organisations
- Familiarity with and interest in the space programme
The fine print:
As part of ESA’s social media team, you’ll be supporting social media activities in English on ESA’s main channels.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Media Production Office, you’ll be creating and publishing English content that appeals to a younger audience (age group ±14-29) on ESA’s existing social media portfolio and potential new channels in the future.
Your tasks will include:
- Creating and publishing engaging social media content that particularly appeals to a younger audience (age group ±14-29) in line with ESA’s strategic communications requirements
- Identifying video material for repackaging on social media channels
- Contributing to ESA’s social media presence with creative ideas and campaigns
- Interacting and engaging with ESA’s social media followers
- Working as part of the ESA social media team, providing support across ESA’s social media channels, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Stay on top of best practices and evolving digital platforms to inform strategies and growth
Does this sound like you? Tell us why you think you are the right fit for this exciting role. Send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out via social media to @ejrquartz You’ll find us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.
You’ll be based on site at ESA’s Technical Centre ESTEC, in the Netherlands, as part of our EJR-Quartz service team for the ESA Communications Department.
The successful candidates will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz and must have the right to work in the Netherlands. This will normally be a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal.
Start date: 22 August 2022
Closing date: 11 July 2022
EJR-Quartz is an international company specialised in science communication, particularly related to space. Our multinational team of digital content specialists is spread across five European countries, serving a number of clients, mainly in the aerospace sector.
Like every good company, EJR-Quartz is all about people. We are very proud of our employees and the fact that we have such a diverse team of highly dedicated staff. As an equal opportunity employer our team brings together a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we firmly believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.