Do you have excellent social media skills and a passion for digital storytelling about science? We’d like to hear from you! We have a number of new social media positions, in the Netherlands, Italy or working remotely, on projects for the European Space Agency. We’re looking for experienced social media and digital content specialists with an interest in aerospace topics.
EJR-Quartz is seeking highly motivated candidates to implement social media strategy across the social media channels of the European Space Agency (ESA), finding new and creative ways to meet Agency-wide communications needs using current and emerging social/digital platforms.
The successful candidates will have:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience overseeing social media and creating digital content for an organisation with a significant public presence, preferably in the aerospace or environment field;
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, digital media communications or related field and/or scientific or technical subject
- Strong communication and editing skills (mother-tongue English standard) with a flair for science storytelling
- Understanding of what it takes to execute social media strategy within the wider framework of a corporate communications strategy
- 2+ years of experience working with social media management tools, running successful campaigns and assessing metrics/analytics
- 1+ year’s experience using video, audio, and other multimedia elements on social media
- Experience and expertise with photo and video editing tools, such as Adobe PhotoShop, Final Cut, or Adobe Premiere, as well as social-only tools for GIFs, etc.
- Deep familiarity with major social media platforms and content management platformsAbility to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, as part of a social media team
We have a number of opportunities, both full- and part-time, with the possibility to combine. Click on the respective vacancy for further details.
- Social media specialist for ESA Earth observation, based on site at ESA ESRIN in Frascati, half-time position
- Social media specialist for ESA Earth observation (Aeolus and Cryosat), working remotely, half-time position
- Social media specialist and digital content creator for ESA Space Transportation, based on site at ESA ESTEC in the Netherlands, half-time position
- Social media specialist and digital content creator to support ESA’s main social media channels, working at our offices in Leiden, the Netherlands
The successful candidates will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz and must have the right to work in the Netherlands or Italy. This will normally be a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal.
Closing date: 10 December 2021
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org