Do you have excellent social media skills and a passion for digital storytelling about science? We’d like to hear from you! We’re looking for an experienced social media and digital content specialist with an interest in aerospace topics to help us implement social media strategy across the social media channels of the European Space Agency (ESA) and other aerospace clients.
The social media specialist will be supporting our Digital Content Manager in creating digital content for ESA and our other clients.
This individual should be a creative thinker with strong digital content creation skills. Organisational skills, professionalism, good judgment and discretion, and the ability to multi-task and work as part of a team are critical to the success of this role.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in curating social media and creating digital content for an organisation with a significant public presence, preferably in the aerospace or environment field;
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, digital media communications or related field and/or scientific or technical subject
- A flair for science storytelling and excellent editing skills (mother-tongue English standard)
- Understanding of what it takes to execute social media strategy within the wider framework of a corporate communications strategy and brand
- 2+ years of experience working with social media management tools, running successful campaigns and assessing metrics/analytics
- 1+ years of experience using video, audio and other multimedia elements on social media platforms
- Experience and expertise with photo and video editing tools, such as Adobe PhotoShop, Final Cut, or Adobe Premiere, as well as social-only tools for GIFs, etc.
- Deep familiarity with major social media platforms and content management platforms
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, as part of a social media team
The fine print
The social media specialist will be supporting our Digital Content Lead in implementing ESA’s social media strategy, in particular in creating digital content. Tasks include:
- Supporting the creation of digital content for a variety of platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube), in line with ESA’s strategic communications requirements
- Helping to manage posting and monitoring of social media feeds, engaging with communities
- Monitoring channels for space- and ESA-related news, trends and people
- Monitoring and reporting on metrics and analytics for measuring engagement and making recommendations for continued improvement
- Working closely with content creators, video producers and graphic designers to support campaigns and create original content
- Ensuring that all digital content is aligned with ESA branding, as well as consistent and appropriate tone/voice
- Ensuring optimal use of content management system and social media management tools
- Staying on top of best practices and evolving digital platforms to inform strategies and growth
- Supporting content creation for other EJR-Quartz clients as required
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV and must have the right to work in the Netherlands. This is a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal.
Closing date: 17 December 2021
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or reach out to us on LinkedIn or social media and let’s talk!
EJR-Quartz is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.