***Applications Closed*** Join our editorial team for ESA ESRIN in Italy. We have an opening for a mother-tongue English editor experienced in writing for print and able to present scientific and technical topics in a style accessible for general public. The position is full-time for EJR-Quartz, as part of our Communications service team for the European Space Agency, onsite at ESA ESRIN in Frascati, Italy.
We are looking for
We are looking for a mother-tongue English editor, with a minimum of 3 years’ demonstrable experience in writing and editing for print and managing print productions. Candidates must have experience in presenting scientific and technical subjects in a style accessible for the general public and meticulous editing skills.
The successful candidates will have:
- Mother-tongue level of English, with a minimum of 3 years’ writing/editing experience
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Honours degree in journalism/communications, science or engineering
- Demonstrable skill in presenting scientific and technical subjects in a style accessible for general public
- Experience in following print products throughout the entire publishing cycle
- Experience with InDesign and similar tools
- Italian residence and work permit
The fine print
ESA’s Print Media and Merchandising Office is responsible for a catalogue of print and non-digital media to reach the general public, as well as a range of merchandise. Reporting to the Head of the Print Media and Merchandising, the Print Editor is responsible for writing and editing all material for the products produced by the Office, in mother-tongue English and in a style accessible to a general public audience. Tasks include:
- Writing and editing of all material required for ESA’s printed productions, in mother-tongue English
- Supporting the Head of Office in producing the catalogue of print publications to be produced by ESA
- Overseeing creation and production of print publications from conception to distribution: managing the schedule and approvals, interfacing with authors and customers, editing/rewriting content, working closely with designers
- Researching images, fact-checking and writing accurate captions for all printed products
- Ensuring that all material is in accordance with ESA editorial house style and approved according to agreed processes
- Editorial support for merchandise development and marketing
- Editorial support for in-house presentations and reports
Our new team member will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz srl, as part of our Communications Service contract for ESA, working onsite at ESA ESRIN in Frascati, Italy. An Italian residence and work permit is obligatory. This is a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal. The start date is 15 April 2023.
Closing date: 6 March 2023
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to work with us. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com
EJR-Quartz is an international company specialised in science communication, particularly related to space. Our multinational team of digital content specialists is spread across five European countries, serving a number of clients, mainly in the aerospace sector.
Like every good company, EJR-Quartz is all about people. We are very proud of our employees and the fact that we have such a diverse team of highly dedicated staff. As an equal opportunity employer our team brings together a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we firmly believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com