Do you have a flair for storytelling and a passion for space? Are you able to present scientific and technical topics in a style that is accessible for all? EJR-Quartz has an immediate opening for a science and technology editor with mother-tongue English to support our Communications Service Team for the European Space Agency. The position is full-time for EJR-Quartz , and you will be based on site at ESA’s ESTEC technical centre, in the Netherlands.
The successful candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue English
- An Honours degree in science, engineering, science communication or journalism
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing and editing on science or space topics
- Demonstrable experience in presenting scientific and technical subjects in a style accessible for general public
- Hands-on experience of planning and running social media/digital campaigns
- Familiarity with space topics is an advantage
- Fluent in French, knowledge of Dutch would be an asset
- Edit, write and publish articles and updates for the ESA Portal and other channels
- Ensure that all content is compliant with ESA editorial guidelines and agreed approval processes
- Manage an editorial calendar, contributing to the consolidated publishing agenda
- Contribute to the drafting and implementing of communication plans
- Support for launch and mission events, including live coverage
- Conception and implementation of social media campaigns
- Managing social media accounts and community engagement
- Conception of storyboards for videos, animations and social media assets
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV, as part of our Communications Service Provision team for ESA and must have a residence and work permit for the Netherlands. This is a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal. The start date is 1 June 2023.
Closing date: 20 April 2023
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on social media.
EJR-Quartz is an international company specialised in science communication, particularly related to space. Our multinational team of digital content specialists is spread across five European countries, serving a number of clients, mainly in the aerospace sector.
Like every good company, EJR-Quartz is all about people. We are very proud of our employees and the fact that we have such a diverse team of highly dedicated staff. As an equal opportunity employer our team brings together a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we firmly believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.