Do you have a flair for planning and organising events and campaigns? Would you like to support ESA’s outreach activities for the Polish astronaut mission? Take this chance to become a part of our international team of communicators supporting the Human and Robotic Exploration (HRE) outreach activities of the European Space Agency!
We are looking for a fluent Polish speaker (native-level) with excellent English and an interest in science and space exploration. You’ll need to have experience with creating communication materials and campaigns, as well as planning and executing in-person and online events.
You will be part of our service team that helps the European Space Agency (ESA) with their Agency-wide communication needs. Your role will be to support the day-to-day communication and outreach activities of the Polish astronaut mission, as well as engage with relevant stakeholders and the overall community.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Fluent Polish and English, both spoken and written
- 4+ years of hands-on experience creating communications and outreach campaigns for an organisation with a significant public presence, preferably in the aerospace or environment field;
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, outreach or related discipline
- Strong communication and superlative organisational and administrative skills
- A pro-active approach and solution-oriented mindset
- The capacity to engage and work effectively with people at all levels of an organisation, as well as a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, and the flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances
- Knowledge of the Polish media landscape is an asset
- Knowledge of German and/or other official ESA languages is appreciated
Working with the Human and Robotic Exploration communication team, your tasks will be to:
- Support ESA astronauts presence and activities during events
- Plan and create communication materials to support campaigns
- Help develop communication plans for the Polish astronaut mission
- Coordinate astronaut appearance requests
- Maintain the editorial and events calendar
- Engage with stakeholders and the overall community
- Serve as point of contact for communication at EAC about the Polish astronaut mission
- Coordinate public appearances of the astronaut in accordance with ESA’s policy on astronaut appearances
The position is onsite at EAC, ESA’s Astronaut Centre in Cologne, Germany. You therefore must have the right to live and work in Germany.
You will be part of our communications service team for ESA and employed directly by EJR-Quartz B.V., or through one of our sub-contractors. The contract is for the duration of 15 months with a strong possibility of renewal.
EJR-Quartz is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Closing date: 31 August 2023
Ideal start date: 4 October 2023
Find out more about our company and meet our multinational team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or reach out to us on LinkedIn or social media and let’s talk!