Are you an experienced office administrator and project controller looking for a dynamic, diverse and international work environment? Then keep reading!
At EJR-Quartz, we’re writers, graphic designers, content managers and social media experts united by our passion for science communication. And we’re on the hunt for a first-class office administrator/project controller to join our team.
We’re looking for someone who will play a pivotal role in our administration, helping out with everything from processing timesheets and monthly reports to facilitating invoicing and reporting to our clients. You will also be responsible for tracking small, short-term projects from start to finish and liaising with clients.
In return, we offer a flexible position in our head office in Leiden, the Netherlands, in an exciting, multicultural environment where you’ll be encouraged to expand your skills and abilities. You’ll have enough autonomy to make the position your own but don’t worry, we’ll make sure you have all the know-how and support you need to be successful.
We’re looking for someone with…
- Demonstrable experience working in a similar role
- Minimum HBO degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dutch
- Strong MS Office/IT skills
- Superlative organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills required to support a busy team at different levels of seniority
- Flexibility and adaptability, with the ability to multitask
We also value…
- A proactive and positive approach with a can-do attitude
- A solution-oriented mindset and readiness to take initiative
- The ability to operate in a friendly, client focused, professional and discreet manner at all times
- The capacity to engage and work effectively with people at all levels within an organisation, under pressure when required
- Attention to detail, always striving for high quality and continuous improvements
- Experience working in an international environment with government organisations
Your tasks will include…
- Project control, including writing short proposals based on MS Excel calculations; following up on progress and checking deliverables; liaising with subcontractors, clients and our finance administrator throughout the process
- Proactive organisation of business trips for staff, liaising with local contacts, booking flights and hotels and processing expense claims
- Staff and client relations
- Oversight of administrative procedures
- Processing of monthly reports – from receipt by staff to delivery to client
- Management of databases and filing systems
- Other tasks as directed by EJR-Quartz management
This position can be fulfilled by a part-time contract, with a minimum of 30 hours per week. These hours should be spread out over the five days of the working week, with at least three days a week on site at our office in Leiden, the Netherlands.
Closing date: 15 March 2022
If you think this job is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com
EJR-Quartz is an international company specialised in science communication, particularly related to space. Our multinational team of digital content specialists is spread across five European countries and serves a multitude of clients.
Like every good company, EJR-Quartz is all about people. We are very proud of our employees and the fact that we have such a diverse team of highly dedicated staff. And of course we are an equal opportunity employer. Our team brings together a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we firmly believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.