***Applications Closed*** Are you looking for your next challenge in internal communications? Do you have excellent writing skills and the ability to translate corporate messages into engaging content for an internal audience? We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, confident and organised writer/editor to support the commissioning, creation and dissemination of high-quality content for our client. There is the possibility of a half-time position, working remotely.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in communications/journalism/marketing.
- Minimum of two years’ professional experience in writing and editing, preferably for an internal communications team of a large international organisation.
- The ability to present ideas and recommendations persuasively in writing and verbally, geared towards an internal audience
- The capacity to conduct interviews in written, audio or video format.
- Experience of working in compliance with corporate tone-of-voice guidelines to create accurate, compelling copy.
- A proactive approach to managing projects and the ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Great communication and networking skills and an excellent grasp of the English language (native or equivalent), including exceptional detail for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- The ability to write and edit independently and produce content for a variety of channels and platforms including web articles, newsletters, print material and video scripts.
- Experience in managing physical, online and hybrid events
- Familiarity with online publishing and content management systems.
- The ability to plan and implement communication strategies
- Knowledge of analytics and planning tools is an asset.
- Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
- Knowledge of European space programmes is an advantage.
The fine print
You will be working together with a ESA managers, an EJR-Quartz project manager and other editors on Internal Communications activities, across ESA establishments.
As part of the EJR-Quartz communications service team for ESA, your tasks will include to:
- Seek out topics of interest to the local internal audience
- Write and edit articles and background content for different sections of the intranet
- Disseminate corporate messages to an internal audience
- Support communications campaigns and local events as needed to help increase workforce engagement in order to foster a collaborative, transparent and engaging work environment
- Conduct interviews in written or video format
- Research images and ensuring accurate captions
- Ensure that all content published on the intranet is compliant with ESA editorial standards and agreed approval processes
- Ensure the update of internal display screens at the different ESA establishments, liaising with Facility Management as appropriate
- Participate in internal communication and other meetings
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the implemented activities, reporting on performance requirements (PRs)
Does this sound like you? Tell us why you think you’re the right fit for this exciting role by sending your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com or reach out via social media to @ejrquartz
You’ll find us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The successful candidate will be employed by EJR-Quartz BV in the Netherlands. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the Netherlands. This is a one-year contract, with a strong possibility of renewal, starting on 1 April 2023. Part-time work may be negotiable.
Salary: 3300-3600 EUR gross for a full-time position, depending on experience
Closing date: 22 February 2023 at 12:00 CET
EJR-Quartz is an international company specialised in science communication, particularly related to space. Our multinational team of digital content specialists is spread across five European countries, serving a number of clients, mainly in the aerospace sector.
Like every good company, EJR-Quartz is all about people. We are very proud of our employees and the fact that we have such a diverse team of highly dedicated staff. As an equal opportunity employer our team brings together a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we firmly believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com