***Applications closed*** Do you have excellent writing skills and the ability to translate corporate messages into engaging content for an internal audience? Are you looking for your next challenge in internal communications? Then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Working as part of the EJR-Quartz team for the European Space Agency (ESA), you will be based onsite at ESA’s Operations Centre, ESOC, in Darmstadt, Germany. You will join the highly motivated Internal Communications Team, which is spread over several locations.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in communication, journalism or science/engineering
- Minimum of two years’ professional experience in writing and editing, preferably for an internal communications team of a large international organisation
- The ability to present ideas and recommendations persuasively in writing and verbally, geared towards an internal audience
- An excellent grasp of the English language (native or equivalent), including exceptional detail for spelling, grammar and punctuation
- The capacity to conduct interviews in written, audio or video format
- Experience of working in compliance with corporate tone-of-voice guidelines to create accurate, compelling copy
- A proactive approach to managing projects and the ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Great communication and networking skills
- Experience in managing physical, online and hybrid events, including knowledge of the technical tools needed
- A good knowledge of IT and other technical tools needed for hybrid and online events
- The ability to plan and implement communication strategies
We also value:
- Knowledge of analytics and planning tools
- Basic graphic design skills
- Knowledge of another European language, such as German
- Knowledge of European Space Programmes
The fine print
You will be working together with ESA managers, an EJR-Quartz project lead and other editors on Internal Communications activities, across ESA establishments.
Your tasks will include to:
- Write, edit and publish content in English for different sections of the intranet
- Disseminate corporate messages to an internal audience
- Serve as point of contact for workforce engagement activities at ESOC
- Support communications campaigns and local events to help increase workforce engagement in order to foster a collaborative, transparent and engaging work environment
- Ensure that all content published on the intranet is compliant with ESA editorial standards and agreed approval processes
- Collect user requirements and support the evolution of tools needed by the Internal Communications Team
- Ensure the update of internal display screens at the different ESA establishments
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the implemented activities, reporting on performance requirements (PRs)
Does this sound like you? Tell us why you think you’re the right fit for this exciting role by sending your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out via social media to @ejrquartz
You’ll find us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The successful candidate will be under contract with EJR-Quartz BV in the Netherlands. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Germany. This contract is full-time and will run until 31 December 2024.
Salary: 3800-4200 EUR gross for a full-time position (40 h/week), depending on experience
Starting date: 15 November 2023 or as close as possible
EJR-Quartz is an international company specialised in science communication, particularly related to space. Our multinational team of digital content specialists is spread across five European countries, serving a number of clients, mainly in the aerospace sector.
Like every good company, EJR-Quartz is all about people. We are very proud of our employees and the fact that we have such a diverse team of highly dedicated staff. As an equal opportunity employer our team brings together a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we firmly believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
(Banner: ESOC’s main building in Darmstadt, Germany. Credit: ESA)