*Position closed* EJR-Quartz has an immediate opening for a mother-tongue English writer/editor to join the Internal Communications team at ESA/ESTEC. This is a full-time position for EJR-Quartz under contract to the European Space Agency, based on site at ESA/ESTEC in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The Internal Communications Unit of the ESA Communications Department has been established to strengthen ESA internal communications, as described in the Agency’s three-year communications plan.
As part of the internal communications strategy, the ‘One ESA’ Intranet covers all activities of the Agency. To support the internal communications activities and ensure publishing on One ESA, editorial and communications support is required.
Under instruction from the Head of Internal Communications, and reporting to the Internal Communications Lead, the editor will play an active role in internal communications activities at ESTEC. This includes writing in mother-tongue English, on topics of interest to the ESTEC internal audience, as well as actively supporting other internal communications activities at ESTEC.
Tasks include to:
- Ensure the dissemination of communications messages to an internal audience at Establishment level
- Actively seek out topics of interest to the internal audience
- Conduct interviews in written or video format
- Write and edit articles on ESTEC topics, in mother-tongue English
- Build and maintain ESTEC sections of the ESA Intranet
- Ensure that all material written is in ESA house style and approved
- Actively support internal communications campaigns and events at ESTEC
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of the activities, reporting Key Performance Indicators
The successful candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue English
- An Honours degree in science, engineering, communications or journalism
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in writing and editing, presenting scientific and technical subjects in a style accessible for a general audience
- Experience in organising events
- Experience of scripting and producing videos
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV, under contract to ESA. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in The Netherlands. This is a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal. The start date is 1 June.
Closing date: 17 April
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this job is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com