***Applications Closed*** Are you looking for your next challenge in internal communications? Do you have editorial and organisational skills and the ability to engage with a community, as well as to create engaging content for an internal audience? We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, confident and organised editor/community engagement expert to foster space community engagement and create high-quality content for our client.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Masters degree in communications/journalism/marketing.
- Minimum of three years’ professional experience in writing and editing, preferably for an internal communications team of a large international organisation
- The ability to present ideas and recommendations persuasively in writing and verbally, geared towards an internal audience
- A positive ‘can-do attitude’ with a proactive approach to managing projects
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Experience in planning and managing events (physical and online)
- The capacity to conduct interviews in written, audio or video format
- Experience of working in compliance with corporate tone-of-voice guidelines to create accurate, compelling copy
- Great communication and networking skills and an excellent grasp of the English language (native or equivalent), including exceptional detail for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- The ability to produce content for a variety of channels and platforms including web articles, newsletters, print material and video scripts.
- Familiarity with online publishing and content management systems
- The ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- The ability to plan and implement communication strategies
- Knowledge of planning and analytics tools is an asset
- Fluent French is essential and knowledge of another European language is an asset
- Knowledge of European space programmes is an advantage
Working as part of the EJR-Quartz communications service team for ESA, tasks will include to:
- Support ESA’s Internal Communication Office presence and activities during live, in-person and/or online events
- Support the Head of Internal Communications in setting up a new space community engagement project and in running related events and campaigns
- Create/edit material to support campaigns (articles, storyboards, videos)
- Coordinate the overall publication agenda related to Space Community Engagement
- Support the development of new communications tools to reach out to the space community
- Maintain the Space Community engagement editorial calendar
- Ensure that all content published is compliant with ESA editorial standards and agreed approval processes, while respecting data privacy requirements
- Manage part of the engaged community (e.g. ESA Champions)
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the campaigns according to set KPIs
- Participate in internal communication and other meetings
Serve as point of contact for matters of workforce engagement and as such interface for Internal Communication matters at the centre of activity
Does this sound like you? Tell us why you think you’re the right fit for this exciting role by sending your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out via social media to @ejrquartz
You’ll find us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The successful candidate will be employed by EJR-Quartz BV in the Netherlands. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in France. This is a one-year contract, with a strong possibility of renewal, starting on 1 April 2023. Part-time work may be negotiable.
Salary: 3500-3800 EUR gross for a full-time position, depending on experience
Closing date: 22 February 2023 at 12:00 CET
EJR-Quartz is an international company specialised in science communication, particularly related to space. Our multinational team of digital content specialists is spread across five European countries, serving a number of clients, mainly in the aerospace sector.
Like every good company, EJR-Quartz is all about people. We are very proud of our employees and the fact that we have such a diverse team of highly dedicated staff. As an equal opportunity employer our team brings together a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we firmly believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com