Do you have a flair for storytelling? Are you able to use your passion for science and languages to create engaging content for the general public? Then we are looking for you!
We have an immediate opening for a mother-tongue English writer/editor to join our communications team for ESA. Specifically, the position is full-time for EJR-Quartz under contract to the European Space Agency. The location will be on-site at ESA’s Technology Centre (ESTEC) in Noordwijk, The Netherlands or at ESA’s Astronaut Centre (EAC) in Cologne, Germany.
You will help to promote the activities of the Human Robotic and Exploration team using a range of platforms, from digital, social and traditional media to events. Together with the Communications Team in Cologne, Germany, you will form the core of ESA’s human spaceflight and robotic exploration communication.
Reporting to the HRE Communications Officer, you will write, edit and publish articles and other text specific to HRE activities in mother-tongue English for the ESA online channels. This may include script-writing and editorial support for video clips, animations and images/graphics for social media.
- Write and edit content in English
- Ensure that all content published is compliant with ESA editorial guidelines and agreed approval processes
- Ensure content publishing on the ESA online channels
- Support social media campaigns and maintain the HRE social media accounts
- Provide community management support as required, liaising with other ESA social media team members
- Support the HRE Communications Officer in executing communications plans and campaigns, and provide input to communications plans as required
- Liaise closely with the EAC (European Astronaut Centre) communications team in Cologne, as well as the digital publishing team to ensure coherence and maximum visibility of the activities
The successful candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue English
- An Honours degree in science, engineering or communications/journalism
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing and editing
- Demonstrable experience in presenting scientific and technical subjects in a style accessible for general public
- Hands-on experience of planning and running social media/digital campaigns
- Familiarity with space topics is an advantage
- Experience in scripting and producing video
- Knowledge of German, French, Dutch or Italian would be an asset
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz B.V. This is a one year contract, with possibility of renewal. The optimal start date is 1 June 2023. Candidates must already have a valid residence/work permit for the European Union.
Closing date: 30 April 2023
Salary range: 3900-4200 EUR gross per month, based on full-time position (40 hrs per week)
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com
EJR-Quartz is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.