***Applications Closed*** Do you have excellent social media skills and a passion for digital storytelling? Then we’d like to hear from you! We’re looking for an experienced and highly motivated social media and digital content editor with an interest in science and aerospace.
You will be part of our service team that supports the European Space Agency (ESA) with their Agency-wide communication needs. Your role will be to support social media related to ESA’s Earth Observation (EO) Programme activities.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Deep familiarity with major social media platforms and content management platforms
- 2+ years of hands-on experience running social media and creating digital content for an organisation with a significant public presence, preferably in the aerospace or environment field;
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, digital media communications or related field and/or scientific or technical subject
- Strong communication and editing skills (mother-tongue English standard) with a flair for science storytelling
- Understanding of what it takes to execute social media strategy within the wider framework of a corporate communications strategy
- 2+ years of experience working with social media management tools, running successful campaigns and assessing metrics/analytics
- 1+ year’s experience using video, audio, and other multimedia elements on social media
- Experience and expertise with photo and video editing tools, such as Adobe PhotoShop, Final Cut, or Adobe Premiere, as well as social-only tools for GIFs, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, as part of a social media team
Working with the Earth Observation Social Media Strategist, your tasks will be to:
- Implement the ESA EO social media strategy
- Run EO social media channels based on EO content
- Source, write and edit content daily to support the digital strategy
- Investigate ways for EO to partner, engage, reach out to and with various platforms
- Work as part of the EO communications team, under the responsibility of the EO Communications Officer
- Liaise closely with the ESA-wide social media team to achieve the highest visibility for EO activities on the ‘corporate’ channels
- Support the Social Media Strategist in collaborating with appropriate external entities/partners/agencies
- Search for opportunities to tell Earth observation stories
- Report on EO social media in line with best practice in order to show return rate on a weekly/event basis
- Stay abreast of social media developments/new channels and make recommendations on their use for Earth Observation
- Propose and support targeted EO social media campaigns
- Engage with the EO social media community and influencers
The position is on-site at ESRIN, ESA’s establishment in Frascati, Italy. You therefore must have the right to live and work in Italy. You will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz srl, within our communications service team for ESA. It will normally be a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal.
EJR-Quartz is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Closing date: 30 November 2022
Start date: January 2022.
Find out more about our company and meet our multinational team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com
Or reach out to us on LinkedIn or social media and let’s talk!