Do you have excellent writing and communications skills and an interest in effecting change at ESA? EJR-Quartz has an immediate opening for a fluent English editor with strong communication skills. This is a full-time position within the EJR-Quartz service team for the European Space Agency, with the possibility to work remotely.
ESA’s Business Transformation Office aims at deploying Change Management best practices within the organisation to achieve stakeholder engagement on key transformation projects.
We’re looking for an experienced writer/editor to support the Business Transformation team in defining and communicating their key messages, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue standard of English and ability to write and edit independently
- A degree in communications/journalism or a scientific or technical subject
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in writing and editing
- Great communication and networking skills to bring stakeholders onboard
- Tact and discretion to liaise with senior executives
- Ability to create inspiring content to influence stakeholders
- Demonstrable skills in preparing inspiring presentation material
- Capacity to work with tight deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of European space programmes an advantage
According to priorities set by the Business Transformation Officer, tasks include to:
- Create and maintain a consolidated view of the transformation project’s communication plans
- Create inspiring content to support change strategy and stakeholder engagement (Executive leadership, middle management, employee groups), including engaging presentations and interactive material
- Create appropriate and targeted digital communication material with the view to engage executive leadership
- Ensure editorial quality in mother-tongue English for Business Transformation material
- Support change events such as awareness sessions, change workshops, focus groups with appropriate material and consolidate feedback from stakeholders
- Ensure compliance of all communication material to ESA house style , editorial and approval guidelines
- Provide advice on best practice for communication strategies to adequately engage key stakeholders
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV, as part of our communications service team for ESA. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the Netherlands. This is a full-time position, with a one-year contract, for the period 10 January to end December 2022.
Closing date: 10 December 2021
Find out more about our company and meet our multinational team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this job is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EJR-Quartz is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.