Position now closed.
Are you able to present scientific and technical topics in an accessible way? EJR-Quartz has an opening for a mother-tongue English writer/editor. The position is part-time for EJR-Quartz srl under contract to the European Space Agency (ESA), based at ESA’s Earth Observation Centre in Frascati, Italy.
Working within the Earth Observation Directorate, the EO Technical Editor will write and edit digital content on space topics mainly related to Earth Observation, in particular on Copernicus Sentinel and ESA Third Party Missions, for the ‘Earth Online’ and ‘Sentinel Online’ websites.
The right candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue standard English, with a minimum of 2 years’ writing/editing experience
- An Honours degree in science, engineering or journalism
- Demonstrable skill in presenting scientific and technical subjects in an accessible style
- Familiarity and interest in space and environment topics
- Experience in scripting video, including interviewing
- Experience in preparing social media campaigns and content
Our new team member will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz srl, under contract to ESA. An Italian residence and work permit is obligatory. This is a one-year contract. The start date is 7 January 2020.
Closing date: 29 November 2019
Find out more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to work with us. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org