Are you hunting for your next challenge in B2B marketing in the space sector? Do you have excellent writing skills and the ability to translate communications strategy into compelling content? We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, confident and organised writer/editor to support the commissioning and creation of high-quality content for our space-sector clients across print, digital and live platforms. You’ll be adept at developing relationships with stakeholders, prioritising tasks, managing expectations and keeping calm under pressure.
This is a part-time position based at the EJR-Quartz headquarters in Leiden, the Netherlands or in Germany.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in communications/journalism/marketing or a scientific or technical subject.
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in writing and editing plus experience in or a strong background knowledge of content marketing for the aerospace/engineering field.
- The ability to present ideas and recommendations persuasively in writing and verbally, targeting a range of audiences.
- The capacity to build relationships with stakeholders from different cultures.
- Experience of working in compliance with corporate tone of voice guidelines to create accurate, compelling copy that can be easily localised for other language markets.
- A positive ‘can-do attitude’ with a proactive approach to managing projects and stakeholder expectations.
- Great communication and networking skills and an excellent grasp of the English language, including exceptional spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- The ability to write and edit independently.
- The ability to produce content for a variety of channels and platforms including web articles, press releases, newsletters, print material and social media posts.
- Familiarity with online publishing and social media tools.
- The ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- The ability to plan and implement communication and social media strategies.
- Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
- Knowledge of European space programmes is an advantage.
The fine print
You will be working together with an EJR-Quartz project manager, technical officers from our clients and other EJR-Quartz editors on Business-to-Business activities for a variety of organisations.
- Researching, writing and editing content on B2B matters for clients.
- Devising and implementing marketing strategies, aligned with larger corporate communication strategies already in place.
- Planning and implementing social media campaigns.
- Working with a network of stakeholders to stay abreast of B2B opportunities.
- Ensuring that all content is checked by relevant project managers or scientists from the client’s side and is compliant with editorial guidelines before publication.
- Supporting the delivery of content for the brand across all channels and targeting set audiences.
- Researching and writing and/or commissioning authors/industry experts to produce articles and features via interviews, telephone and email, to grow and develop the brand.
- Networking and building relationships with industry contacts and experts.
- Producing news, features and articles for digital platforms.
- Proposing ideas for new articles and other content to help achieve the branding and communications objectives of clients.
Does this sound like you? Tell us why you think you’re the right fit for this exciting role by sending your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com or reach out via social media to @ejrquartz
You’ll find us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV and will be based at our headquarters in Leiden, the Netherlands. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the Netherlands and/or Germany. This is a one-year contract, with a strong possibility of renewal, starting on 1 September 2022. Part-time work is negotiable.
Closing date: 15 August 2022
EJR-Quartz is an international company specialised in science communication, particularly related to space. Our multinational team of digital content specialists is spread across five European countries, serving a number of clients, mainly in the aerospace sector.
Like every good company, EJR-Quartz is all about people. We are very proud of our employees and the fact that we have such a diverse team of highly dedicated staff. As an equal opportunity employer our team brings together a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we firmly believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com