Do you have excellent writing skills and a flair for B2B marketing in a technical environment? EJR-Quartz has an immediate opening for a fluent English editor familiar with aerospace and strong interest in B2B activities. This is a position within the EJR-Quartz service team for the European Space Agency, based on site at ESA/ESTEC in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
We’re looking for an experienced writer/editor to develop creative B2B campaigns and inspiring content for ESA’s Technical Directorate, supporting the implementation of the B2B aspects of the TEC communication plan. We are looking for an individual who shares our passion for creative problem solving and who is able to work collaboratively with various teams in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue standard of English and able to write and edit independently
- A degree in communications/journalism or a scientific or technical subject
- Minimum of 4 years’ professional experience in writing and editing, with a flair for marketing, preferably in the aerospace/engineering field
- Great communication and networking skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of communications and social media strategy
- Familiarity with online publishing and social media tools
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of another European language is an asset
- Knowledge of European space programmes an advantage
The fine print
ESA’s Technology Directorate (TEC) requires editorial, publishing and marketing support for its Business-to-Business activities. Under the authority of the Head of the Infrastructure Management Section, within the ESA Technical Directorate (TEC) Management Support Office, the editor works closely with the ESA Communication Programme Officer for TEC, as well as other TEC editors and the wider Communications Department.
According to priorities set by the TEC Communication Programme Officer, tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Research, write, and edit content, including press releases, web articles, print materials, as well as blogs and social media posts, on B2B matters
- Devise and implement a marketing strategy for the Directorate in the most impactful way, aligned with corporate communication strategy
- Actively curate the relevant ESA B2B webpages, and manage related social media campaigns
- Liaise closely with the wider ESA communications team, in particular the TEC senior editor, to ensure a coordinated approach and the highest visibility for B2B campaigns
- Work with a network with B2B stakeholders and other ESA key people in order to stay abreast of B2B opportunities and latest technology and engineering activities at ESA
- Validate all technical information with the relevant ESA managers, and ensure that all material is compliant with ESA editorial and CVI guidelines before publication.
Does this sound like you? Tell us why you think you are the right fit for this exciting role. Send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out via social media to @ejrquartz
You’ll find us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV, as part of our communications service team for ESA. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in The Netherlands and be able to work on site at the ESTEC campus. This is a one-year contract, with a strong possibility of renewal, starting 1 September 2022.
Closing date: 19 August 2022
EJR-Quartz is an international company specialised in science communication, particularly related to space. Our multinational team of digital content specialists is spread across five European countries, serving a number of clients, mainly in the aerospace sector.
Like every good company, EJR-Quartz is all about people. We are very proud of our employees and the fact that we have such a diverse team of highly dedicated staff. As an equal opportunity employer our team brings together a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we firmly believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com