Do you have excellent writing skills and a flair for B2B marketing in a technical environment? EJR-Quartz has an immediate opening for a fluent English editor familiar with aerospace and strong interest in B2B activities. This is a maternity-leave replacement position within the EJR-Quartz service team for the European Space Agency, based on site at ESA/ESTEC in Noordwijk, The Netherlands
We’re looking for an experienced writer/editor to create and maintain inspiring content for ESA’s Technical Directorate and plan creative B2B campaigns, supporting the implementation of the B2B aspects of the TEC communication plan. We seek an individual who shares our passion for creative problem solving and who is able to work collaboratively with various teams in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue standard of English and able to write and edit independently
- A degree in communications/journalism or a scientific or technical subject
- Minimum of 4 years’ professional experience in writing and editing, with a flair for marketing, preferably in the aerospace/engineering field
- Great communication and networking skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of communications and social media strategy
- Familiarity with online publishing and social media tools
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of another European language is an asset
- Knowledge of European space programmes an advantage
The fine print
ESA’s Technology Directorate (TEC) requires editorial, publishing and marketing support for its Business-to-Business activities (maternity leave replacement). Under the authority of the Head of the Infrastructure Management Section, within the ESA Technical Directorate (TEC) Management Support Office, the editor works closely with the ESA Communication Programme Officer for TEC, as well as other TEC editors and the wider Communications Department.
According to priorities set by the TEC Communication Programme Officer, tasks include to:
- Research, write, and edit content on B2B matters for all online channels for ESA’s Technical Directorate
- Actively curate the relevant ESA B2B webpages, and manage related social media campaigns
- Support the definition of the Directorate’s B2B marketing strategy and implement it in the most impactful way, aligned with corporate communication strategy
- Liaise closely with the wider ESA communications team, in particular the TEC senior editor, to ensure a coordinated approach and the highest visibility for B2B campaigns
- Work with a network with B2B stakeholders and other ESA key people in order to stay abreast of B2B opportunities and latest technology and engineering activities at ESA
- Validate all technical information with the relevant ESA managers, and ensure that all material is compliant with ESA editorial and CVI guidelines before publication.
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV, as part of our communications service team for ESA. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in The Netherlands and be able to work on site* at the ESTEC campus. This is a six-month contract, for the period 3 January to 30 June 2022.
*ESA COVID-19 provisions on access to ESTEC permitting
Closing date: 17 December 2021
Find out more about our company and meet our multinational team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this job is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EJR-Quartz is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.