This position is now closed. Thank you for applying!
EJR-Quartz has an opening for a mother-tongue English editor experienced in writing for print and able to present scientific and technical topics in a style accessible for general public. The position is full-time for EJR-Quartz under contract to the European Space Agency, onsite at ESA ESRIN in Frascati, Italy, working within ESA’s Print Media and Merchandising Unit.
ESA’s Print Media and Merchandising Unit will define, develop and maintain a catalogue of print and non-digital media to be produced by ESA to reach the general public.
Reporting to the Head of the Print Media and Merchandising Unit, the Print Editor is responsible for writing and editorial all material for the products produced by the Unit, in mother-tongue English and in a style accessible to a general public audience. Tasks include:
- Support the Head of the Print Unit in defining and developing the catalogue of print and non-digital media to be produced by ESA
- Writing and editing of all material required for ESA’s printed productions, in mother-tongue English
- Oversee creation and production of print publications from conception to distribution: managing the schedule and approvals, interfacing with authors and customers, editing/rewriting content, liaising with designers, handling proofs at all stages (from author proofs to final print proofs), and liaising on printing and distribution.
- Research images and write accurate captions for all printed products
- Ensure that all material written is in according with ESA editorial house style
- Ensure that all material has been approved by the relevant ESA authority according to agreed approval processes
- Liaise with graphics to ensure appropriate layout
- Participate in Print Production Unit meetings as required
The requirement is for a mother-tongue English editor, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing and editing for print. Candidates must have experience in presenting scientific and technical subjects in style accessible for the general public. An Italian residence and work permit is obligatory.
- Mother-tongue English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing and editing for print publications
- Demonstrable experience in presenting scientific and technical subjects in a style accessible for general public
- An Honours degree in science, engineering or communications/journalism
- Familiarity with InDesign and similar tools an advantage
- Experience in working for an international organisation is an advantage
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz srl, under contract to ESA. This is a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal. The start date is as soon as possible.
Closing date: 15 January 2018
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your CV and references to: email@example.com