EJR-Quartz has an immediate opening for a mother-tongue English writer/editor able to present scientific and technical topics in a style accessible for general public. The position is full-time for EJR-Quartz under contract to the European Space Agency, based on site at ESA’s European Astronaut Centre in Cologne.
The Communications team at ESA’s European Astronaut Centre (EAC) promotes Human and Robotic Exploration of space using a range of platforms, ranging from digital, social and traditional media to events. It also coordinates all public outreach activities regarding ESA astronauts and their missions. The EAC Communication Team in Cologne, Germany, requires writing, editing and digital communications services.
Reporting to the EAC Communication Officer, within the News and Content Office, the editor will write, edit and publish articles and other text specific to EAC activities in mother-tongue English for the ESA online channels. This may include script-writing and editorial support for video clips, animations and images/graphics for social media. Tasks include:
- Write and edit content in English on topics relevant to EAC
- Managing social media campaigns and channels, on EAC and astronaut activities
- Ensure that all content published is in English and compliant with ESA editorial guidelines and agreed approval processes
- Ensure content publishing on the ESA online channels
- Provide community management support for EAC and astronauts asrequired, as well as participation in ESA social media events
- Support the EAC communications officer in executing communications plans and campaigns, and provide input to communications plans as required
- Liaise closely with the Exploration Domain communications team as well as the digital publishing team to ensure coherence and maximum visibility of the activities
The successful candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue English
- An Honours degree in science, engineering or communications/journalism
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing and editing
- Demonstrable experience in presenting scientific and technical subjects in a style accessible for general public
- Experience of planning and running social media/digital campaigns
- Familiarity with space topics an advantage
- Experience scripting and producing video
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV, under contract to ESA. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Germany. This is a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal. The start date is 11 June.
Closing date: 27 April 2018
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org