Are you a skilled events organiser with a passion for space? We are looking for a dynamic and resourceful communications specialist with a strong background in exhibitions and outreach activities to join our team in Italy. This exciting role involves working with the European Space Agency (ESA) to develop and deliver engaging exhibitions and events in Italy and internationally.
We’re looking for someone with…
- Demonstrable experience working in exhibitions and event management
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, event management or a related subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Italian
- Superlative organisational and administrative skills
- The capacity to engage and work effectively with people at all levels of an organisation and with the general public
- Flexibility and a capacity to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
We also value…
- A proactive and positive approach with a can-do attitude
- A solution-oriented mindset and readiness to take initiative
- The ability to operate in a friendly, client-focused, professional and discreet manner at all times
- Experience working in an international environment with government organisations
- Familiarity and interest in the space programme
- French and German would be an advantage
Your tasks will include:
- Supporting the preparation and implementation of communications plans, campaigns and events including through local outreach activities and corporate strategic events
- Working with the ESA Exhibition Coordination Officer to ensure seamless logistical support for events and exhibitions, including at international events such as ILA, Le Bourget and IAC
- Providing logistics support for corporate events organisers including procurement, liaison with suppliers and coordination with local ESA teams involved in outreach activities
- Supporting the ESA Outreach Officer with the organisation of outreach activities for ESA-ESRIN, the European centre for Earth Observation in Frascati, Italy
- Facilitating visits to ESRIN for the general public and schools, including overseeing the management of visit requests, liaising with security personnel, organising staff lectures and distributing information materials
- Working with the ESA Print and Merchandising Office on materials for ESRIN events and visits
This is a full-time position based at ESRIN in Italy, as part of our EJR-Quartz service team for ESA. The contract is with EJR-Quartz and would be for one year initially, with the option of renewal. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Italy.
Closing date: 14 March 2022
If you think this job is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com
EJR-Quartz is an international company specialised in science communication, particularly related to space. Our multinational team of digital content specialists is spread across five European countries, serving a number of clients, mainly in the aerospace sector.
Like every good company, EJR-Quartz is all about people. We are very proud of our employees and the fact that we have such a diverse team of highly dedicated staff. As an equal opportunity employer our team brings together a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we firmly believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.