Do you have excellent editorial skills and a flair for B2B marketing in a technical environment? EJR-Quartz has an immediate opening for a fluent English editor familiar with spacecraft operations and an interest in B2B activities. This is a full-time position within the EJR-Quartz service team for the European Space Agency, based on site at ESA’s Operations Centre in Darmstadt, Germany
We’re looking for an experienced editor to develop inspiring content and creative B2B campaigns for ESA’s Operations Directorate, supporting the implementation of the B2B aspects of the OPS communication plan. We seek an individual who shares our passion for creative problem solving and who is able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue standard of English and the ability to write and edit independently
- A Masters degree in communications/journalism or a scientific or technical subject
- Minimum of 4 years’ professional experience in writing and editing, with a flair for marketing, preferably in the aerospace/engineering field
- Strong content management skills and familiarity with online publishing and social media tools
- Great communication and networking skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of communications and social media strategy
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of another European language is an asset
- Knowledge of European spacecraft operations and space safety is an advantage
The fine print
ESA’s Operations Directorate (OPS) is looking for editorial, publishing and promotion support for its Business-to-Business activities. Under the authority of the Head of the Strategy and Coordination Unit within the ESA Operations Directorate, the editor will work closely with the ESA Communication Programme Officer for Operations, D/OPS stakeholders, other editors and the wider Communications Department.
Targeting the professional, technical, institutional, academic and industrial audiences of the Operations Directorate, the editor will develop and manage content on spacecraft operations to maximise the impact of OPS B2B communication inside and outside the Agency.
- Researching and writing/editing content related to OPS, with the aim of publishing news, web stories, blog posts, social media posts, leaflets, posters, brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, etc., covering and promoting the technical and programmatic activities of the directorate aiming at professional, technical, institutional, academic and industrial audiences.
- Validating technical information with the relevant technical experts, and ensuring that it is compliant with editorial and branding guidelines
- Coordinating with ESA Corporate Communications to ensure that the OPS B2B content is aligned with ESA’s overall communication strategy and Agenda2025 or other top-level strategies
- Fostering a network with Directorate stakeholders and other key people across ESA to ensure a regular flow of information regarding technology development and engineering activities in support of ESA programmes and technical activities.
- Assisting in devising and implementing a communication strategy for the Directorate of OPS focussing on B2B channels.
- Supporting and assisting all aspects of OPS B2B marketing and promotion activities and events as directed, especially directorate-wide trade events such as SPACEOPS.
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV, as part of our communications service team for ESA. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Germany and be able to work on site at the ESOC campus. This is a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal. The start date is 15 October 2021.
Closing date: 30 September
If you think this job is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com