EJR-Quartz has an immediate opening for a mother-tongue English writer/editor able to present scientific topics in a style accessible for the general public both in web articles and on social media. The position is full-time for EJR-Quartz under contract to the European Centre for Medium-range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF) based in Reading, UK.
ECMWF has been entrusted by the European Commission to run the Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) and the Copernicus Atmosphere Service (CAMS). Working on-site with the ECMWF Copernicus Communications Department, the scientific editor will write and edit content on relevant topics for the C3S and CAMS websites, as well as the ECMWF Copernicus social media channels. The editor will also be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing the website and social media content.
- The successful candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue English
- An Honours degree in science, preferably in Meteorology or Climate/Atmospheric research
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing and editing
- Excellent social media skills, including analysis and statistics
- Experience with content management systems
Closing date: 15 July 2018, position to start as soon as possible.