Do you have excellent writing skills and an interest in communicating about space to the public? EJR-Quartz has an immediate opening for a fluent English editor/science communicator familiar with aerospace topics. This is a part-time position within the EJR-Quartz service team for the European Space Agency, based on site at ESA/ECSAT at Harwell in UK.
We’re looking for an experienced writer/editor to develop creative outreach campaigns and create inspiring content promoting ESA’s activities of interest to the UK. We seek an individual who is able to work collaboratively with various teams in a fast-paced environment, and who is able to get things done to ensure customer and company success are achieved.
The successful candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue standard of English and able to write and edit independently
- A degree in communications/journalism or a scientific or technical subject
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in writing and editing, preferably in the aerospace/engineering field
- Great communication and networking skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of communications and social media strategy
- Familiarity with online publishing and social media tools
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, as part of a team
- Knowledge of another European language is an asset
- Knowledge of European space programmes an advantage
According to priorities set by the ECSAT/TIA Communications Programme Officer, and working closely with the TIA senior editor, tasks include to:
Support the CPO in executing communication campaigns and outreach activities
- Conceive and manage local events, both internal and external
- Research, write, and edit content for all online channels for ESA outreach in the UK, with a focus on telecoms topics
- Actively curate relevant webpages, and maintain related social media channels
- Conceive storyboards for videos and animations, liaising with the Production Office
- Liaise with digital teams to ensure the widest reach for campaigns
- Liaise with the wider ESA communications team, to ensure a coordinated approach and the highest visibility for topics
The successful candidate will be employed by EJR-Quartz BV, as part of our communications service team for ESA. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in The United Kingdom and be able to work on site at the Harwell campus (COVID restrictions permitting). This post is part-time (0.5 FTE) and based on site at ESA ECSAT. There is an option to combine with other EJR-Quartz activities. This is a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal. The start date is 1 June 2021.
Closing date: Friday 5 May
Find out more about our company and meet our multinational team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this job is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com