EJR-Quartz is looking to recruit a Media Insight Analyst to support the European Space Agency’s Communications department in monitoring its new communications strategy.
The Media Insight Analyst will work within ESA’s News and Content Office at ESA/ESTEC in the Netherlands, as part of the EJR-Quartz service team for ESA.
Reporting to the Head of the Newsroom, the Media Insight Analyst analyses data on the ESA communication channels to provide the ESA Communications Department with insight on its content and news.
He/She will analyse data to identify patterns and trends, to support ESA in making strategic decisions on concerning its content and news strategy.
To achieve this the Media Insight Analysist will:
- Use digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Cision and Falcon.io to measure ESA impact and refine its communications strategy
- Provide clear and accurate reports to monitor all elements of communication performance
- Support the Communications Department in defining and monitoring KPIs
- Deliver regular communication KPI reports to the ESA Editorial Board including implications and recommendations for optimisation
- Analyse digital data from a number of sources to ensure that performance data is available
- Contribute to a digital analytics strategy, developing and communicating best practices for digital metrics
- Develop an SEO strategy to grow search traffic in ESA Member States
- Communicate analysis to stakeholders within the communications teams in a clear and transparent manner, and take part in discussions about implications
- Evaluate and report on the impact of changes/new initiatives across digital platforms
Qualifications and skills:
The right candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong quantitative focus such as Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences, or Business/Market Research
- 5+ years of work experience in an analytical role (including data analysis, market research) within a media/communications environment
- Excellent analytics skills and an investigative mindset
- Experience in analytics with a communications/media environment
- Ability to interpret complex datasets, make recommendations for improvement and monitor the impact of changes
- Ability to present data in a way that is simple to interpret for a non-technical audience
- Strong team orientation with a willingness and preparedness to share and seek information, knowledge, help and support others in the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and at least one other European language, both written and verbal with particular skill in interpreting to non-technical audiences
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Our new team member will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV, under contract to ESA. Dutch residence and work permit is obligatory. This is a six-month contract, with possibility of renewal. The start date is 15 June 2019.