This post is now closed. Are you able to present scientific and technical topics in a simple and catchy style? EJR-Quartz has an opening for a mother-tongue English journalist/editor. The position is full-time for EJR-Quartz under contract to the European Space Agency (ESA), based on site at ESA’s Earth Observation Centre in Frascati, Italy.
Working within the News and Content Office of the Communication Department, the Applications Editor will write and edit content on space topics mainly related to Earth Observation, Navigation and Telecommunications for all channels – digital and traditional.
The right candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue English, with a minimum of 3 years’ writing/editing experience
- An Honours degree in science, engineering or communications/journalism
- Demonstrable skill in presenting scientific and technical subjects in a style accessible for general public
- Familiarity and interest in space and environment topics
- Experience in scripting and producing video, including interview and presenting
Our new team member will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz srl, under contract to ESA. An Italian residence and work permit is obligatory. This is a six-month contract, with possibility of renewal. The start date is 1 February 2019.
Closing date: 18 December 2018
Find out more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to work with us. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org