EJR-Quartz has an immediate opening for a mother-tongue English writer/editor able to present scientific and technical topics in an accessible way. This is a full-time position for EJR-Quartz under contract to the European Space Agency, based on site at ESA/ESTEC in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The Internal Communications Unit of the ESA Communications Department has been established to strengthen ESA internal communications, as described in the Agency’s three-year communications plan.
As part of the new internal communications strategy, a new ‘One ESA’ Intranet was launched this month, where all activities of the Agency are represented. To support the enhanced internal communications activities and ensure publishing on One ESA, additional editorial and communications support is required.
Under instruction from the Head of Internal Communications, and reporting to the Internal Communications Officer, the editor will support internal communications activities at ESTEC, ECSAT and smaller ESA sites. Tasks include writing and editing in mother-tongue English, on a range of topics of interest to the ESTEC audience. The editor will also support other internal communications activities at ESTEC as required.
- Ensure the dissemination of corporate communications messages to an internal audience at Establishment level
- Actively seek out topics of interest to the internal audience
- Write and edit articles and background content for the new ESA Intranet on ESTEC, ECSAT and other topics, in mother-tongue English
- Conduct interviews in written or video format
- Research images and ensure accurate captions
- Build and maintain new sections of the ESA Intranet
- Ensure that all material written is in accordance with ESA editorial house style
- Ensure that all material has been approved by the relevant ESA authority according to agreed approval processes
- Support other internal communications campaigns and events as required
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of the activities, reporting Key Performance Indicators
The successful candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue English
- An Honours degree in science, engineering or communications/journalism
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in writing and editing
- Demonstrable experience in presenting scientific and technical subjects in a style accessible for general public
- Familiarity with space topics an advantage
- Experience of scripting and producing videos
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV, under contract to ESA. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in The Netherlands. This is a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal. The start date is 1 June.
Closing date: 27 April 2018
Learn more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this job is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com