**Position now closed**
Are you able to present technical topics in a simple and catchy style? EJR-Quartz has an opening for a mother-tongue English editor/communications specialist. The position is full-time for EJR-Quartz under contract to the European Space Agency (ESA), based on site at European Centre for Space Applications and Telecommunications (ECSAT) on the Harwell Campus in Oxfordshire.
Working within the News and Content Office of the ESA Communication Department, in close collaboration with the Telecom and Integrated Applications (TIA) Directorate, the Telecom Editor will write and edit content on space topics mainly related to telecommunications. Tasks include:
- Writing, editing and publishing content on the activities of the TIA directorate, in mother-tongue English
- Liaising with internal and external partners for the content elaboration, validation and approval, in coordination with the TIA communications officer
- Ensuring the publication of material on telecom topics, using the inhouse Content Management System
- Writing and defining material for social media around project milestones or events.
- Assisting with TIA-related events (round tables, launch events, VIP tours etc.) including budget supervision, liaison with suppliers, participants and external partners.
- Overseeing audiovisual productions and researching/commissioning graphical material
- Support to the ECSAT communications officer for ECSAT outreach with relevance to TIA.
The right candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue English, with a minimum of 3 years’ writing/editing experience
- An Honours degree in communications/journalism or engineering
- Demonstrable skill in presenting technical subjects in a style accessible for general public
- Familiarity and interest in space topics
- Experience in scripting and producing video
This is a six-month contract with EJR-Quartz, with possibility of renewal. The start date is 4 February 2019.
Closing date: 15 January 2019
Find out more about our company and meet the team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this is for you, tell us why you’d like to work with us. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org