*Vacancy now closed* Do you have excellent writing skills and a flair for B2B marketing in a technical environment? We have an immediate opening for a fluent English editor familiar with aerospace and a strong interest in B2B activities to join our EJR-Quartz service team for the European Space Agency, based on site at ESA/ESTEC in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
We’re looking for an experienced writer/editor familiar with B2B marketing to develop creative B2B campaigns and inspiring content for ESA’s Technical Directorate. We seek an individual who shares our passion for creative problem solving, who is able to collaborate with various teams in a fast-paced environment, and who is able to accomplish tasks to ensure customer and company successes are achieved.
The successful candidate will have:
- Mother-tongue standard of English and ability to write and edit independently
- A Masters degree in communications/journalism or engineering
- Minimum of four years’ professional experience in writing and editing, in a marketing context, preferably in the aerospace/engineering field
- Great communication and networking skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of communications and social media strategy
- Familiarity with online publishing and social media tools
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of another European language is an asset
- Knowledge of European space programmes an advantage
The fine print
ESA’s Technology Directorate (TEC) is looking for editorial, publishing and marketing support to increase visibility of its Business-to-Business activities. Under the authority of the Head of the Infrastructure Management Section, within the TEC Management Support Office, the editor will work closely with the ESA Communication Programme Officer for TEC, as well as other TEC editors and the wider communications team.
The selected candidate will have sufficient B2B marketing experience and knowledge of aerospace programmes to be able to work proactively to support the preparation of appropriate campaigns and to seek out news and technical development of specific interest to this audience.
By working as an integral member of the EJR-Quartz editorial service team, and collaborating closely with our TEC senior editor, the B2B editor will be well placed to ensure that TEC B2B campaigns align with the wider ESA Communications strategy, and achieve the maximum visibility, benefiting from the support of wider DG-C Communications team.
According to priorities set by the TEC Communication Programme Officer, tasks include to:
- Research, write, and edit content on B2B matters for all online channels for ESA’s Technical Directorate
- Support the definition of the Directorate’s B2B marketing strategy and implement it in the most impactful way, aligned with corporate communication strategy
- Create and implement campaigns that meet the goals of the TEC communication strategy
- Curate the relevant ESA B2B webpages, and actively maintain related social media channels
- Liaise closely with the TEC senior editor and the wider ESA communications team, to ensure a coordinated approach and the highest visibility for B2B campaigns
- Build up a network with B2B stakeholders to stay abreast of B2B opportunities and latest technology and engineering activities of the Directorate
- Validate all technical information with the relevant ESA managers, and ensure that all material is compliant with ESA editorial and CVI guidelines before publication.
The successful candidate will be employed directly by EJR-Quartz BV, as part of our communications service team for ESA. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in The Netherlands and be able to work on site at the ESTEC campus. This is a one-year contract, with possibility of renewal. The start date is 1 November 2020.
Closing date: Monday 7 September
Find out more about our company and meet our multinational team at: www.ejr-quartz.com
If you think this job is for you, tell us why you’d like to join our team. Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com